Friday, September 09, 2005

Your Mothers Should Be Ashamed of Themselves!

So on my very long drive into work in the mornings, I encounter many areas where people are trying to turn onto the road I'm driving on. I ALWAYS let people in. I just hope that someday someone returns the favor for me. And every so often, it actually happens.

Well, this morning I let several people turn in front of me, and I even let one guy come over when his lane ended. NOT ONE SAID THANKS. I know I've blogged about this before, but it just makes my blood boil. It takes less than ONE SECOND to give the thank-you-wave. Why can't people do this? It's just common courtesy!

It's like people who don't send thank you notes. THIS PISSES ME OFF LIKE YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE! For instance, someone who I work with had a shower when I started here almost 4 years ago. I didn't even get to see her open her gift, even though I was at the shower. I was paged back to my office. But I know she got the gift.

She is currently divorced and married to someone else. I'm still waiting on my thank you note. I want to ask her every time I see her, "So, how's that Coffee Maker workin out for ya?" I'm sure she uses it every morning. How freaking hard is it to send out a thank you note?

Now, I realize I'm a bit over the top when it comes to sending out cards of any kind. That's just me. I know people make fun of me for it, but I'd certainly rather be known as the person who sends too many cards than the asshole who never sends one. My wedding thank-you's went out 2 weeks after the wedding. I did not want it hanging over my head.

One time someone told me, after I sent her a TY for a gift, "Your mother raised you right." Yeah, my mom told me that when someone gives you something, YOU SAY THANK YOU. It's not that difficult of a concept to grasp!

Oh, and there's also the other issue of someone else I work with who just got married. I wasn't invited to her outside shower or her wedding, but they decided to throw her a here, and I got invited to bring food and gifts. (Hey, thanks!) The shower was on a day I didn't even work, but I made sure I sent a gift ahead of time. This was several months ago. I see her every day. Do you know that she has not even ACKNOWLEDGED that I got her stuff? Hasn't even SAID thank you. Come on - send out a mass "thank you" email. Sure, it's impersonal, but it gets the job done.

It just makes me so angry!! At least say, "Hey thanks for my gift." You don't even have to tell me how nice it was for me to send a gift even though I wasn't at the shower! Just say "thanks," BITCH!!

Okay, I'm done ranting. Moral of the story: LEARN TO SAY THANK YOU! Is that so hard?

14 Comments:

Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

Melly, you can still send them out! As long as your son isn't 16 or something :)

Mel, you're crazy! Actually, you can send me the ty because I'm the one who put the laxative in your hot sauce. Ha Ha.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

Thank you for writing such an inspiring post.

Thank you for being you.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

Thank you for being a friend.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

Thank you for having gorgeous long curly brunette tresses.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Celina said...

OMG! I feel the same way. I usually let at least 3 or 4 cars out in front of me every day (I live in a small town). Usually people give the "thanks wave." But I have noticed people (often moms with kids in the car) too busy talking on cell phones to wave. You know, they only have 2 hands (one for holding the burger & one for holding the phone).
I'm pretty good about sending thank you cards, but our city mail system sucks & I recently found out that a lot of our wedding gift "thank yous" never made it (the wedding was in Nov)! I felt so bad! I had to look up phone numbers & thank people 7 months late!
Thank you for having such an interesting blog!

9:58 AM  
Blogger honkeie said...

I feel like an ass now THANKS ALOT! I have never sent out thank you cards for anything. Well I got alot of writting ahead of me, 2 weddings, 2 kids and countless number of birthdays...damn!
And on the topic of driving, what state do u drive in? I live in one of the rudist places(only france being a bit worse) and ppl always thank me when I let them go first. And I also always wave a thank u when someone lests me.
whoooohooooo I am the 10th...:-D

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always wave thanks to people even if they just slow down to let me on the freeway at 55th St. It annoys me when people know that the right lane ends, and they speed up and pass me. Little do they know that now I will ride the ass infront of me to ensure they get behind me! Ha Ha.

Unfortunately, I've never been one for cards, but I'm big on saying Thank You for everything.. It's amazing how much more stuff will happen for you with a little courtesy!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

Okay, I'm sorry if I've made anyone feel guilty.

Celina: Welcome to my blog! It's not your fault that the ty's were lost. That sure sucks! But how responsible of you to make the follow-up calls!

Honk: I live in Ohio

12:17 PM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

Ubi:

Thank you for being a friend
Traveled down the road and back again
Your heart is true
You're a pal and a confidant.

And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you knew,
You would see
The biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say,
"THANK YOU FOR BEING A FRIEND"

12:21 PM  
Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

I never let anyone in. I figure why should I hold up the people behind me who were in the right lane in the first place? Besides, this is Florida. If I let someone in they will no doubt drive 15 miles an hour and hit the brakes at every intersection.

I'm a bitch.

Thank you.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

Brooke: YOU'RE WELCOME :)

2:47 PM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

Yes, LoLo, you got my hint.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

Wednesday is LoLo Day! Yay, LoLo Day!
Wednesday is LoLo Day! Yay, LoLo Day!
Wednesday is LoLo Day! Yay, LoLo Day!
Wednesday is LoLo Day! Yay, LoLo Day!
Wednesday is LoLo Day! Yay, LoLo Day!
Wednesday is LoLo Day! Yay, LoLo Day!
Wednesday is LoLo Day! Yay, LoLo Day!
Wednesday is LoLo Day! Yay, LoLo Day!
Wednesday is LoLo Day! Yay, LoLo Day!
Wednesday is LoLo Day! Yay, LoLo Day!

5:59 AM  
Blogger Melanie was here said...

I'm with ya Ubie. I totally missed that raven haired beauty!

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home