Friday, September 02, 2005

Weird Things I Saw Before 7:30 am Today...

So I'm driving in to work this morning and I passed "The Prancer." There is this very effeminate man who pounces up and down on his tippy toes whilst flailing his arms, bent at the elbows, in an upward and circular motion as he “prancess” through our town. He wears tight sweatpants, a "Flashdance" tank top, and a sweatband. My guess is he's gay. Although my gay friends would be APPALLED to be in the same category as this guy.

I had a good laugh and made my way on and off of the freeway with no real incident.
Then, as I was driving through the back roads to get to work, I noticed something else quite odd: A man riding a bicycle while talking on his cell phone. And the reason why I noticed him is that HE ALMOST HIT ME. He was riding in the street - you know, just next to the sidewalk - and since he was only maneuvering with one hand, he was swerving all over the freaking place. I just found it about as futile as the men who smoke while riding motorcycles...

Anyway, I park the car and get into the building and I see the male version of the Molly Shannon character on Seinfeld who didn't move her arms while walking. This man looked so awkward. He literally held his arms tight to his sides, while his hands moved just a tad while he was “walking.” How do you do that? Your balance must feel all askew. It was just weird. In my mind, I pictured him coming to my desk late in the evening and knocking everything off of it, ala Seinfeld...

So that was my early morning. I can hardly wait to see what the rest of the day has in store! I am aquiver with excitement :)

9 Comments:

Blogger honkeie said...

I have a "prancer" as well, read my blog later i am about to post the story.

5:21 AM  
Blogger honkeie said...

Mind if I link your blog?

6:24 AM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

Honkeie, I'm eagerly anticipating your post!

I would love if you link me - and I will return the favor :)

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll read it later too! I don't have a prancer, but I have an old lady that walk around in her robe and turbi towel

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh god... turbi towel too... this lady is like ancient, skinny and has cankles... i doubt it's you~

10:30 AM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

I have to say I LOVE my turbi towels. But I would never wear them out in public! :)

11:24 AM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

Nick, you self promoting bastard.

Thanks for informing us. But you'll never be as cute as Mike.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Fella said...

You don't have to tell me Ubie, I know.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Melanie was here said...

UM, IF YOU DON'T BLOG SOMETHING NEW SOON I WILL PUNCH YOU IN YOUR ASSHOLE.

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home