Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I did it!

You will all be happy to know that Lo Lo and the Melanator went out on Friday night. Mel graciously agreed to drive so that Lo Lo could get ripped.

Although the night started out a little rocky (ie: the party being outside on the patio and it was 90 freakin degrees and thinking we got Z lost) and ended a little shaky (getting lost and perhaps witnessing a robbery??), we ended up having lots of fun.

Lo Lo had THREE beers. And boy was I ever ripped. But it felt so good. I cannot remember the last time I was tipsy. It's been years. YEARS, PEOPLE.

I'm pretty sure I embarrassed Mel randomly throughout the night. Hopefully she got a kick out of seeing my tightass self unwind a little. I rarely let loose like that.

Mel, thanks for a great evening. It's so rare that I'm out with friends and not wishing that I was at home spending time with the fam. But for the first time in about 5 years, I didn't even think about going home. I only had to check my watch because I had to get home in time to relieve my husband, who had to go to work.

All in all, I'm pretty proud of myself for (a) having more than one beer (b) not passing out and (c) making out with Mel.

Yes, it was the perfect evening. The only thing missing was a good fight. But that will come in due time, my friends. In due time...

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh wow... sounds like you had a great time. Maybe one night we can get LoLo out again!

7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait, you made out w/mel?

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That should make for an awkward day at work!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Melanie was here said...

I had an absolute blast.
LW - not awkward, we make out at work all the time.

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I only say that because I was put in that awkward position a few weeks ago! lol

8:53 AM  
Blogger Melanie was here said...

You made out with a female co-worker?

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no... just male.. but none the less, it was a co-worker!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

LW: Hopefully it won't be in another 5 years...

Melly: Welcome to my blog! I'm glad you have enjoyed it!! I will be visiting yours momentarily.

Janks: Um, yeah. You sound surprised!

Mel: I'm glad you had fun, too :)

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read parts of Melly's.. it's pretty cool...

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a good time on Friday LoLo! It's good to let loose once in a while! :)

10:38 AM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

Did you get a tattoo?

11:42 AM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

Sue Z Q: Thanks! And if I haven't said so already, welcome to my blog.

I really should let loose a little more. Baby steps...

Ubi: I would never get a tattoo. Too afraid of needles. Too fickle to like something FOREVER on my body. And too afraid that even though they use fresh needles, they don't use fresh ink. I guess this comes from my mom being a health-care professional. She would go to training seminars and come home with horror stories.

No offense to anyone who has tattoos, please! I think they're cool. Just not for me.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Melanie was here said...

Just an FYI, they do not stick the needles directly into the ink. They use disposable cups to pour the ink in and then discard the unused ink. I have three, and no hepatitis!

Lo LO - next time I expect some over the shirt boob action!

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would totall be 2nd base... shirt or no shirt!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

Oh come on, you know you have hepatitis. Just not from the tattoos :)

Yes, next time will be over-the shirt action.

LW: I'm sliding into 2nd!!

12:51 PM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

I like stick-on tattoos from the cereal box.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

LO LO

LO LO LO LO LOLO

I miss you.

9:36 AM  
Blogger honkeie said...

I was once a three beer queer but I have graduated and put them away like any mother trucker lol.
Now all we need is pics of you letting lose!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Fella said...

This is much better.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home