Thursday, September 01, 2005

100 Things You May Or May Not Know About Me

Okay Brooke, they say plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery. So here goes:

1. I was born on a Thursday afternoon in Euclid, Ohio
2. My oldest and dearest friend in the room was born on the same day
3. Our moms were roommates in the hospital
4. I'm an only child
5. When I was 2.5, I was attacked by a Siberian Husky
6. It was Christmas Eve
7. He bit me on the face
8. I still have scars on my cheek and nose
9. When I was younger, people would ask me if my nose was pierced
10. Nope, it's just where "Gus" sunk his teeth in
11. I'm still afraid of big dogs to this very day
12. My only friend in grade school was my friend from 8th grade
13. I was picked on relentlessly in back then
14. I was overweight and nerdy
15. One little bitch - I mean girl - nicknamed me "Laura the Loser"
16. That still hurts
17. When I went to high school, I decided to force myself to be outgoing
18. That was terribly difficult for me, as I am painfully shy
19. Most people don't know that I suffer from severe social anxiety
20. I graduated 5th in my class of 210
21. I even had my picture in the local paper
22. Big hair and all
23. When I was 18, I didn't want to go to college
24. I wanted to marry my boyfriend and have babies
25. When I did go to college, I worked full time
26. That's why it took me 7 years to finish
27. My husband and I both went to the same college
28. But we never met until after we both graduated
29. Even though we had the same group of friends
30. He is 9 months younger than me
31. We only dated for for FOUR months before we got engaged
32. Next Thursday is my 4 year wedding anniversary
33. My son is finally getting baptised
34. After a very long year where he could not go out in public
35. He will be 14 months old on this day
36. My son is my greatest accomplishment
37. My marriage is my second
38. Not killing my mother is third
39. She drives me crazy
40. But I love her dearly
41. My mom is Italian and my dad is Slovenian
42. So I'm cheap with a bad temper
43. Don't ever try to rip me off or you'll be sorry
44. My husband is a lot like my dad
45. I finally decided to stop dating assholes and pick someone just like my father
46. It has worked out very well for me
47. My husband is my best friend
48. My very good friend is gay and my ex-boyfriend
49. After he came out of the closet, we moved in together
50. We were just like a married couple
51. We fought all the time and never had sex :)
52. He's moved all over the world, and we are still super close
53. He's going to be my son's Godfather
54. And my son's Godmother is John's sister, who is a pagan
55. SHHH!! Don't tell the priest
56. My all-time favorite TV show is "LaVerne & Shirley"
57. Because I was an English major, I constantly find myself looking for grammatical errors
58. Truth is, I'm usually the one making them
59. I'm such a worrier that when I was 14 my doctor told me I was giving myself an ulcer
60. I'm so anal retentive I drive myself crazy
61. And my poor husband, too. But hey, he married me. So there!
62. When my son throws his toys all around the living room, it takes all I have not to pick up each one and put it away
63. My Dad used to do this to me when I was a baby
64. Which explains a lot
65. My Mom has a knack for saying things to me that have stuck with me my whole life
66. Like when I wore a dress on my 8th grade graduation day that was too tight (even though I promised her I'd lose weight to fit into it), she told me how horrible I looked
67. To this day I wear my clothes too big
68. Which she also comments on
69. Right now my Mom and I are fighting because she spoils my son and screws up his routine on the one day a week she babysits
70. I hung up on her yesterday without saying "I love you."
71. This is a HUGE no-no in my family
72. That'll teach her...
73. My dad is the funniest person I know
74. When I was little, I always thought he wanted a son, so I forced myself to love sports so we could watch them together
75. I love my father dearly
76. But my son is the most important person in my life
77. My husband and my parents tie for second place - although John is at the top of that list
78. We had 3 devastating miscarriages before my son was born... three months early
79. Although my husband wants to try for another baby, I just don't know if I can do it
80. My Mom begged me to never get pregnant again because both my son and I almost died the first time
81. I think she's afraid that if I died, my mother-in-law with move in with my husband and take care of the children - thus winning the grandmother-of-the-year competition :)
82. I have so many wonderful friends in my life
83. I wish I kept in better touch with them
84. Although I am the "Queen of Cards"
85. My one friend said that if I sneeze and someone says "God Bless You," that they can expect a thank-you card in the mail
86. When I die, I would like my tombstone to say, "I'm sorry I can't send you a Thank You card for visiting"
87. Sometimes I lay awake at night and obsess about death
88. I have realized that after being (almost) raped at 17, that I have gained weight so that I will never be that vulnerable and powerless again
89. I'll kick anyone's ass who tries to hurt my family
90. When my house is dirty, my life is in an uproar
91. I guess it's because cleaning my house is the only time I ever have control in life
92. Although I wish I didn't have to work, I really like my job
93. I take great pride in what I do, and I am obsessed about screwing up
94. I'm an overachiever
95. My poor son....
96. I hope I can be a good mother and never give him complexes or make him feel bad about himself; I just want him to love himself and have confidence
97. My son is the strongest person I know
98. It scares me that I am responsible for molding and shaping his life and helping to make him a good person
99. I hope he doesn't turn out as screwed up as me
100. But I'm afraid he has no chance of that...

7 Comments:

Blogger Ubermilf said...

Ah, moms. How they screw us up while thinking they're helping.

But she helped contribute to how you turned out, so for that the world and I are thankful to her.

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Lo Lo... you will be a great mom... I promise! you are a great person at that!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Melanie was here said...

I think you are awesome!

I think my Mom helped contribute to all of my fears and anxieties by putting all of hers on me. Oh well.

You'll be the best mom. Jackson is blessed to have you.

Great list. Maybe over the long weekend I'll try to do one!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

Thanks, Ubi :) You're so sweet!

LW: Thank you - that's so nice!

Sgt: That is FASCINATING...

Mel: Awww, thanks! Can't wait for your list. Actually, it didn't take nearly as much time as I thought. And, I'm seriously thinking about adding 101-200...

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll do a list over the weekend when i'm feeling extra nice!

10:58 AM  
Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

Aren't we all screwed up? It's the American way! You are a fabu mom!

Oh, and I have to add that 90 and 91 could have been on my list as well. It's like you read my mind. I simply can't function if my house is a mess - and if my house is a mess it's a sign that I am not functioning properly. I'm not sure which causes which.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

Thanks Brookie!

I am so in love with you (re 90 + 91) - you make me feel normal :)

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home