Thursday, July 28, 2005

My Bachelorette Party & A Case of Imodium

Melanie is planning her sister's Bachelorette Party and it got me to thinking about mine. We decided we are going to blog about our respective BP's. Here's how mine went:

A group of us got together down at TGI Friday's in the Flats (Downtown Cleveland). The plan was to have dinner and then hit the bars. There was this friend of my husband's who hated my guts. She used to pal around with John before I came along (even though she was married) and call him her "back-up husband" - you know, in case her real husband ever "died in a fiery planecrash" or whatnot.

Anyway, once I came along, I "stole him away from her" and she made me aware of it every time I saw her. Before this had escalated to the point of mutual hatred, we asked her and her husband to be in the wedding party. Naturally, she was invited to the bachelorette party. Naturally, she made a comment about me taking away her best friend and effing things up.

I was a nervous wreck: uncomfortable, angry, and ready to kick her ass. But I didn't want to cause a scene or get kicked out of the restaurant. I just wanted to let it go and try to have a good time.

My body, on the other hand, decided to further torture me with a scorching case of diarrhea. Yes, I had the hershey squirts at my bachelorette party, and the feeling hit me just as I put the first bite of my dinner in my mouth.

I spent the next HOUR in the crapper... you can guess what I was doing. Luckily, my one friend had some Imodium with her. It took about an hour to finally plug me up. After that, I was not in the mood to party. My ass hurt, I was totally embarrassed, and I wanted to go home.

I sucked it up, though, and we went on with our night. I didn't feel much like drinking after that. I did have one beer, though, to try and make myself feel better. It didn't really work.

The one fun thing about the night was that EVIL BITCH left early and my good friend had made a grab bag full of 25 or so things that I had to pick from and complete before the night was over. She also bought me a mini polaroid that took mini pix and a scrapbook to go with it that would record my evening.

Each time I reached into the bag, I would pull out something that said, "you must walk up to a random guy and ask him for a condom, telling him you are stocking up for the honeymoon" or "you must go up to a hot guy and tell him you're getting married but ask for his number just in case it doesn't work out", etc. It was fun, and each time I did one of the dares, they would take my picture documenting it. Then we would take the mini polaroid (which printed sticker pix) and stick it in the scrapbook.

It was an idea I had read about in a magazine and suggested to my friend that it sounded like fun - just in passing. She totally ran with the idea, made a kick-ass scrapbook, got me a cool camera, added her own flair to the night, and made a memento I will treasure forever.... Along with my new-found friend, Imodium.

Oh and ps: Evil Bitch is no longer a part of our lives.

19 Comments:

Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

Yeah, that's the only reason I started working here. I heard there was a Melanie.... with a husband named Dave....

9:50 AM  
Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

Well ain't that the shits.

LOL!!! I crack myself up.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

Oh Brookey, you forgot to add [insert rim shot here]

11:05 AM  
Blogger John said...

even though I talk a lot about poop, diarrhea and bachelorette parties isn't really that hot.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

Well, John, I wasn't actually going for a "turn-on" type of story. But, if you want something hot, let me tell you about this one time... at band camp...

12:58 PM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

Was one of the suggestions "Burn the Witch! Burn the Witch Burn the Witch!" See, that's the kind of fun stuff you should do, Mel. completely steal LoLo's party!

Oh, and if you guys plan a make-up party for Melanie, let me know when it is!

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for a make-up party... it's on... we'll get hotel rooms for that too... and drink til we can't drink anymore...

1:06 PM  
Blogger Melanie was here said...

I think my party should be in Chicago since I've had to wait 10 years for it!

ROAD TRIP

Who's in?

1:22 PM  
Blogger Melanie was here said...

I think my party should be in Chicago since I've had to wait 10 years for it!

ROAD TRIP

Who's in?

1:22 PM  
Blogger Melanie was here said...

I think my party should be in Chicago since I've had to wait 10 years for it!

ROAD TRIP

Who's in?

1:22 PM  
Blogger Melanie was here said...

apparently i am really excited and double posted.

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you were so excited that you didn't see you triple posted... But I'm in...

Do I have to repeat it 3 times as well?

1:26 PM  
Blogger Melanie was here said...

SHIT! My bad. Apparently I was really excited!

1:54 PM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

Oooh... I better start planning now. So much to do. Hee hee!

1:55 PM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

Okay, I've been to Chicago several times and LOVE it there. I'm in.

Mel, I know it's an exciting thought, but settle down before you tinkle!

2:33 PM  
Blogger John said...

I'm in. wait that's for girls? I'm in.

3:04 PM  
Blogger GingerSnaps said...

want me to still kick her ass LoLo. im feeling mean today..post a pic from the scrapbook, i wanna see it..

5:13 PM  
Blogger GingerSnaps said...

p.s. can i go? i will feel left out if you are so close to me and i dont get to go...*sniffle, sniffle*

5:16 PM  
Blogger honkeie said...

Wow I am a guy and married and had an evil bitch as a friend. But only difference is she was single and was in my wedding as the best "person". And as with you she is also out of our lives. But from the mans point of view, me and the evil bitch we very close since 1994. But people change and dift. And even though the evil bitch is gone i miss her, like i miss the sting one feels right after a good slap across the face lol.

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home