Wednesday, June 29, 2005

This Could Only Happen To Me...

So I go into the bathroom to pour out some old coffee. Not wanting to be a jerk, I turned on the water so as not to stain the porcelain sink. I turn the handle and BLAMO! The faucet flies up, hits the ceiling, and then clanks back down into the sink. Water shoots up and out, everywhere, like a fricking volcano errupting. I was soaking wet!!! I screamed (I know, very professional) and then went back in to try and turn the handle to the "off" position. A coworker, hearing my scream, came running to my rescue. I'm sure she thought something really bad had happened, and so she just started laughing when she saw me. I called the department that handles emergency situations such as these, and they were like: "oh, okay." And not, "OH MY GOD - ARE YOU OKAY?" Apparently someone will be by at some point and fix it. Whatever. Meanwhile, we're having a wet t-shirt contest over here, and I'm the only participant...

13 Comments:

Blogger Ubermilf said...

Was that "coworker" Melanie?

I hope you're okay. I hope you're not scalded in a very sensitive area.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

Our blogs are on the same wavelength today. I too, have had a "boob" incident.

Love your stuff!

12:06 PM  
Blogger John said...

man if I was the janitor/maintenance guy and I heard you had just gotten hosed down by the faucet in the restroom I would have been in front of you before you put the phone down just in the hopes that your shirt was white today. Of course I wouldn't have the tools to fix the problem so I'd have to run back down to storage B to grab those.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Fella said...

Re: The Wet T-shirt Contest.

Look on the bright side, if you are the only contestant, that means you'll be the winner.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

Ubi, co-worker was not Melanie. She DID hear the scream, but did nothing. She assumed I opened the door on someone.

Brooke, welcome! I'll have to check out your "boob" incident. Great minds, I tell ya!

John, thanks for the compliment? Turns out it was a lady janitor who fixed it. Interestingly enough she stopped by to see who filed the complaint...

Nick: Oh I won, baby! I WON!

2:04 PM  
Blogger Melanie was here said...

I was the judge. She totally won.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

Nick prefers to judge by squeezing, like produce shopping at the grocery store.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

I am requesting to use the word "BLAMO" in a future post.

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why do i have to threaten you daily with physical violence to get you to post. good lord, WRITE SOMETHING.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

Mel: Thanks

Ubi: I can totally see Nick being a pervo like that

Brooke: Permission granted

Ernest Hemmingway: A new blog is on the way, baby!

12:09 PM  
Blogger Fella said...

Pervo? How is that perv behaviour? It seems like normal guy behaviour to me. Unless all guys are pervos, in which case it would make sense.

Plus I never confirmed nor denied that I prefer to do such a thing.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Carly said...

No, you're not the only person this could happen to!!!

My worst fear is that the toilets at work will have some horrible malfunction and spout water at me. AAACK!

So at least it was only a sink faucet you had to deal with. But sorry anyway, it still sucks.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

Yes Nick, all guys are pervos.

Carly: Has this ever happened to you? I know I'm also not a huge fan of public toilets. I, too, am afraid I will get blasted. But it's not the WATER I'm worried about...

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home