Friday, June 24, 2005

While you were out

So I only work 3 days a week. But my son always does something incredible or major WHEN I'M AT WORK. My husband just called and said Boy Genius pulled himself up to a standing position all on his own. Of course, I felt bad because it seems I miss everything. Then my husband, trying to console me, says, "but then he crawled over to the bookcase, grabbed a picture of you, and was sitting there staring at it." This made me feel EVEN WORSE and I started to cry. Right here at my desk. (Sorry Mel). All I could think was my baby saying, "Mommy, I'm here. I'm standing and I want you to see it. Where are you?" Anyway, now I feel like shit. I just want to go home and spend the weekend with my son. But now I have to share him with my MIL....

4 Comments:

Blogger Melanie was here said...

It's ok Lo Lo. No worries. I wish you could just bring the little guy to work with you! Then neither of us would miss out.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

I would love to bring him to work. I'd carry him in my purse and he could play in the boss's office...

Thanks, Ubi. I feel better. And my boss said his wife - a stay at home mom - was at the grocery store when his son walked the first time and out when his daughter spoke her first word. So I know I'm going to miss some stuff. On the plus side, I'm glad my hubby was there for it. He works more than full-time and misses a lot of time with baby.

Oh, and, the cardboard box thing was last week. My pimp has put me on double secret probation, so I won't be doing that any time soon...

9:26 AM  
Blogger Melanie was here said...

Lo Lo, all joking aside, you are an incredible Mother, and hubby is an incredible Father. Your son is blessed to have you both and will be a happy, well adjusted child. I will commence joking again on your next post as I know this really is a serious subject for you. Love you honey!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Melanie was here said...

If you don't post something new soon I will punch you in your arm.

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home