Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Mama's Watchin Her Stories

So, I've fallen into the stereotype of the stay-at-home mom who watches soaps all day. During my son's afternoon naps on Mon & Tues, I've been watching "Days of Our Lives" at 1pm and "General Hospital" at 3pm. I still have yet to find a good soap at 2pm. I've tried watching a couple, but I just can't get into them.

Anyway, it's getting to the point where I asked my husband to tape the soaps on Friday. It's a lot easier fast forwarding through the commercials. Plus, I can catch up from what I missed on Wed & Thurs. And I'm good to go for Monday.

I think the dumbest part of the soaps is how much sex is going on. Who has the time? Or the energy? Or the stamina? My word, there are a lot of horny peeps out there. I try not to watch my stories when hubby is around, because I don't want him to get depressed! Poor guy!!

Sidebar: The MIL came and went, and despite a few small incidents, no major snafus occured. Although I was a little grossed out when I had to do the laundry and touch the washcloth she used in the shower. I don't even want to THINK about where that had been.....

9 Comments:

Blogger Ubermilf said...

And, they never do housework but their homes are spotless.

And, the doctors never seem to actually see patients. Unless they have amnesia, which somehow requires a prolonged hospital stay.

And, they never wear the same thing twice.

I think TV is nothing but a device to create dissatisfaction with our real lives, so we go out and buy stuff. It also makes me feel fat.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

Oh, and FIRST!

9:10 AM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

Hi Ubi,

Congrats on being first AND second!

I agree with you on all counts about the soaps. I feel fat when I watch them, too. But mostly because I'm stuffing my face with chips...

I would also like to say that your comment, "I have often found that the more stressed out I get beforehand, the easier it actually goes" got me through my weekend. So thanks for that!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Melanie was here said...

I used to LOVE my stories. I worked evenings at Ponderosa as a waitress and during the day I watched the stories. I love how when someone has amnesia they have mummy-like bandages on their heads. Whatever. They make me feel fat too, but so does opening Cosmo. Fucking pencil thin whores.
So, anyway......

10:15 AM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

I love it when they have brain surgery, but they never have to shave their heads.

I love it when a child goes off to camp and comes back a 20-something doctor or lawyer or resident stud. It's crazy!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

I was talking about soaps on my blog today too! How they always dress up for sitting around the house. And full make-up as well.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

Brooke: Again, great minds!

Although speaking of feeling fat, seeing you in your bikini makes me want to eat an entire gallon of icecream....

2:06 PM  
Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

I took chicken and spinach out to cook for dinner and had pancakes instead. So much for the bikini.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

Brooke: Were they deep-fried pancakes? If not, I don't think you have too much to worry about. Unless you had 10 or something...

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home