Thursday, July 07, 2005

If I knew there would be tests, I never would have signed up for this

Everyone keeps tagging me to blog about answering these 5 questions, and then removing this name, adding that name, putting down more names, etc, etc, etc.

Well, I'M NOT DOING IT.

Oh, alright. I'll answer the 5 questions, but I'm not going to make anyone else do it. Thanks Ubi, Brooke, and John. And I'm sure Mel would have tagged me, too, if they hadn't already done so.

The 5 things I miss about childhood:

1. The lack of responsibilities. Remember how you couldn't wait to be a grown-up so you could live by your own rules? Well how come no one told me that I'd have to pay a mortgage, an electric bill, a gas bill, a waste disposal bill, a telephone bill, a cell phone bill, credit card bills, etc, etc, etc.?? Plus the fact that I have to WORK in order to pay these bills. What is that all about??!! It's total bullshit, Man!

2. Getting out of school at 3pm. I'm lucky if I get out of work before 7pm. I miss my four hours of freedom.

3. Sleeping in on the weekends/ summer vacation. Since my son has been born, the latest I've "slept in" is 8am. And on a work day, I'm up at 5am.

4. Being able to eat whatever I wanted. Not that I didn't have a weight problem then as well, but I never once read a label or counted a calorie or drank diet pop. (Hence the weight problem now....)

5. Having a home-cooked meal every night. Even if I complained about what we were having, didn't like it, or begged to go out to eat, I miss having my mom's home-cookin on the table every night at 5pm. (Sidebar: Hubby is a great cook, but we're both so tired at the end of either being at work all day or taking care of baby, that neither one of us has any desire to cook).

The other 5 questions:

1. Can you tell me your whereabouts on the evening of April 38th, 1991?
I believe at the local pub, drinking my body weight in Bud Light.

2. If you could have named yourself, which name would you have picked?
Anastasia Beaverhowsen

3. What was the 29th book you read?
"Mommy, Where Do Babies Come From?" (Mom wouldn't tell me, so I had to find out on my own!)

4. In your opinion, who was the hottest Apostle?
John

5. Dude, where's my car?
I don't know because some days I'm driving the mini van, others the Nissan. I have to walk around the parking lot hitting the alarm buttons to see if any vehicle starts beeping. Then I go toward the light. Or the car that is beeping...

Alright. I'm done. There are my lists.

Good day, sir. I SAID GOOD DAY!

12 Comments:

Blogger Melanie was here said...

1st (is this becomeing passé??)

I also miss my Momma's home cooking. Even if it was just hot dogs and tater tots, at least I didn't have to cook it!

10:11 AM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

I didn't want to do the meme thing. I succumbed to peer pressure and picked the three people most likely to forgive me for tagging them: You, Mel and Dilf.

for the record, Dilf ignored it.

10:17 AM  
Blogger GingerSnaps said...

lol, dilf sounds like a smart guy.

i miss staying in the pool all day all summer. not having to worry about watching your kids to make sure they dont drown.(not that i dont love taking my daughter swimming, its just so much more relaxing when your layinbg on a floatie, drinking a whine cooler)

10:38 AM  
Blogger John said...

I wasn't actually an Apostle I just hung around with Thad and Bartholomew so much that the J Man just kinda took me under his wing. I was more like an apprentice.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Fella said...

An Apprentice Apostle? How novel.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

You tell 'em Tootsie!!!

12:46 PM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

Mel, you are so June 2005!

Ubi, how could you succumb to peer pressure like this was grade school or something? :)

Lil Red, Agreed - Dilf is brilliant!

John, Thad and Bart care to disagree.

Nick, you should be the host of "Apprentice Apostle." When someone gets voted off the show, you can yell, "You're Stoned" and then everyone stones that person to death.

Brooke, I'm giving the 2 snaps and a circle, Girlfriend :)

1:16 PM  
Blogger GingerSnaps said...

i thought it was "4 snaps up in z formation"

4:50 PM  
Blogger GingerSnaps said...

you know you just did it didnt oyu...lol

4:50 PM  
Blogger Melanie was here said...

I never breast fed anyone in my youth, so I can't say that I miss it! :-)

8:32 PM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

Lil Red, you are right. I just did the Z, Baby, and loved every minute of it! In fact, I'm doing it again.

Sgt, who did you breastfeed in your youth?

Mel, I'm with you... I don't miss it either. But I miss you!

5:20 AM  
Blogger GingerSnaps said...

i am so doing it too!

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home