Friday, May 06, 2005

Splendor in the Grass

I can't believe I forgot to mention this earlier...

On Sunday, my husband was going to cut the grass but I offered to do it instead. It was a nice day, and I wanted to get some sunshine and some exercise. Not to mention the fact that the baby was crabby, and I needed some "me time."

After an hour, I was really regretting my offer. We live on a large corner lot on a main road. The side of our house faces the main road, and I really hate having to cut the grass here because there are no curbs, and I am dangerously close to the traffic wizzing by at 40mph.

Now, living on said corner lot, we get all kinds of garbage in our yard. It comes from people walking, biking, and driving by. We have had our fair share of weird things. But on Sunday, I found the weirdest.

Okay, enough build-up: I found a used condom on our front lawn. And I certainly didn't want to touch it. Can you say "biohazard"? It was freakin gross. So, I tried to run it over with the mower. I'll give it props, though, because that thing was indestructable.

I guess I should be relieved in this day and age that someone was smart enough to be practicing safe sex. But, do they have to be doing it on my front lawn? My baby's bedroom window is right by that side of the house. What if he is scarred for life?

So, to the kids who were effing on my lawn: I'm all for living dangerously, but next time can you please go to the neighbor's house? There is a weird middle-aged dude who lives there with his parents, and I'm sure he'd appreciate the show way more than we would. Thanks!

2 Comments:

Blogger Melanie was here said...

I am so sorry, I thought Dave disposed of that. Won't happen again!
Hugs,
Mel

11:09 AM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

Thanks, now I'm blind

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home