Thursday, May 05, 2005

Lactose Intolerance? Just say no!

So I believe that I am lactose intolerant, which is a bitch because I loves me some dairy!

Last night I had extra cheese pizza for dinner. This morning, I had such horrific gas that dogs in the neighborhood were helping, my baby woke up crying, and my husband vomited in his sleep.

Of course, I get to work and could not get into the building fast enough. I go to the single room potty, and barely get started when there is a knock at the door. WTF? It never fails.

Now, I do not want to say "just a minute" because 1) someone might recognize my voice and then hear the bomb that will soon follow and 2) it will be way more than a minute!

Finally, that person moves along to the bathroom right next door. Phew!

Now, I'm about midway through, and low and behold... another knock. WTF?? Can't someone just go in peace?? I think I would like to take a big sign with me to hang on the door. It will read, "Don't even think about knocking. Dump in progress!"
Anyone know where I can get a sign like this made?

Well, the good news is that I took so long that the second knocker was able to use the other bathroom as well. And thank goodness they weren't waiting outside the door for me. As my good friend Mel can attest, this is one of the horrors that face us in the work place. And while I'd like to blame it on the fictitious guy before me (ala John), I was in there for quite a while and I'm not sure how I could explain that! Any suggestions???

5 Comments:

Blogger Melanie was here said...

"...and my husband vomited in his sleep." Good stuff! I think you should just grunt REALLY loud every time someone knocks. They'll get the hint. And if they don't, they deserve the stink bomb that awaits them!

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've heard that mel is good at creative-type projects, particularly those which may detract from her work day...perhaps you should seek her talents for the proposed "dump in progress" sign.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

Mel, I will take your advice and grunt.

Jen, I will take your advice and have Mel help me with the sign.

Boy, you girls are just puttin out fires all over the place...

10:44 AM  
Blogger John said...

I made this for you.

Poop Door Hanger

I put it on my blog too for others to benefit from your creative genius.

5:38 AM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

John, I have thanked you on your blog as well. Your problem-solving skills are unparralleled! If you, me, and Mel ever got together, we could take over the world!!!

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home