Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Mi Mama Esta Loca

So my mom is babysitting today. She usually watches our baby every Wednesday. Now, I realize it's been 31 years since she's had a baby of her own, but I cannot believe how often she calls me with weird little questions.

Take for instance the time she called me to ask if it was okay to use scented baby wipes. OH MY GOD, PLEASE TELL ME YOU DID NOT USE THE SCENTED BABY WIPES! THOSE CAN KILL HIM! I'm not sure what her concern was, but seeing as how I'm his mother and I'm not worried about it, I think it should be okay. Sheesh

So this morning I called her to check in. She said that he was making a weird face and it bothered her. She said it freaked her out so much that she put her hand over his face so that he would stop it. WHAT??? He's not Damian. He's a baby. He makes little faces where he looks at you sideways, sucks in his bottom lip, and pretends to be shy. It's cute, not scary, Mom.

She also reads waaaaay too many articles and watches too many Dateline specials and then calls me up and tells me these horrible stories about terrible unthinkable things that happen to other babies. Yeah, like I really need to be more freaked out than I already am. Thanks a lot, Mom.

I have told her over and over again that she is NOT allowed to read or watch tv, but this doesn't seem to listen. Stop freakin me out, woman!!

God, it's no wonder I have so many issues! Mi Mama esta loca!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Melanie was here said...

Your Mom should probably call my therapist. At the very least, she could kick him in the nuts when she is freaked out :-)

8:45 AM  
Blogger Melanie was here said...

Your Mom should probably call my therapist. At the very least, she could kick him in the nuts when she is freaked out :-)

8:45 AM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

You think my mom should kick my son in the nuts???

8:47 AM  
Blogger Melanie was here said...

No, A-Hole, the therapist. Perhaps you should call him too!

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home