Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Birthday Blues

So yesterday Lo Lo had a birthday. It was a sad day for Lo Lo. Jokingly, hubby said to our son, "Mommy turned 21 today." But it made me realize that I actually turned 21 ELEVEN years ago. And that I graduated from high school 14 years ago. And sadly, that I was born 32 years ago.

Remember when you were little and you stayed up late for weeks thinking about your birthday, all of your gifts, your party, etc? Remember when you were a teenager and you couldn't wait to go out and get hammered and party on your birthday?

And then one day you wake up, old, and your birthday isn't as much fun as it once was. Yesterday was a pretty anti-climactic day for the Lo Lo. I felt old and sort of in a rut. Don't get me wrong, I love my life. I love my husband, my son, my friends, and my family. I'm so glad they all called to wish Lo Lo a happy bday. But it just made me feel depressed to turn 32. Imagine what a bundle of laughs I'll be when I hit 50.....

9 Comments:

Blogger Ubermilf said...

Oh, stop it. Happy Birthday. We're celebrating how happy we are that you're in the world, not how rapidly you're declining. Alpha hydroxy, dear. Alpha hydroxy.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Melanie was here said...

Happy birthday, Lo Lo! I agree with Ubermilf. We aren't celebrating your decay but rather your mere existance! AND you got ice cream cake. How could you not be on top of the world! By the way, how come I didn't get my invite to your pity party? Just teasing! Love you!

11:37 AM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

Thank you Ubermilf. I feel much better now! That Alpha Hydroxy is a miracle worker :)

And thanks to you, Mel. Now I feel worse. Although today I WAS in a good mood after my chocolate and ice cream high and Ubermilf cheering me up. WAS...

12:04 PM  
Blogger Melanie was here said...

wanna have a bubble gum spitting contest again? that might cheer you up!

12:07 PM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

NO, I'll lose again

12:42 PM  
Blogger Melanie was here said...

I'll let you win but I'll be so convincing at losing that you will forget that I told you I'd let you win.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

I'm confused...

1:27 PM  
Blogger Melanie was here said...

At your age, I am not surprised!

7:19 AM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

You are hillarious, Melanie, who is 2 years OLDER than me...

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home