Thursday, May 26, 2005

"Outta my way, Jerk-Ass!"

So this morning I'm in my car in the parking lot waiting for the "courtesy" shuttle. I pulled into the lot at 6:59am. I waited for 15 fricking minutes, and the effer never showed. So I started hoofing it. Of course, I am not wearing my running shoes (not that I own running shoes or even run... but that's beside the point). Of course, I'm wearing a new pair of heels (and ladies, they are cute!). So now I have to high-tailing it a mile to get to work on time. Blisters begin forming on the soles of my feet. But I can't slow down. Gotta get to the time clock before 7:30!! So I'm trying to haul ass, but all of these people are in my way. Walking so slow that they are, in fact, going backwards in time! What I want to do is knock them all over. But I don't. I try to get around them, but they are walking 4 across and won't budge. I go to the left. FAKE OUT! I go to the right. Snoped again. I finally get around them and get to the time clock. And now, thanks to the bus, I am late for work. I got here 31 minutes early, but now I'm late. And I'm sweaty from running to get in here. And my feet are killing me because of these huge-ass blisters. So thanks a lot, "courtesy" shuttle. I find you neither courteous nor helpful. You ruined my life! Okay, maybe I'm being a little overdramatic. Courtesy shuttle, you ruined the best years of my life!! There. Much better.

3 Comments:

Blogger Melanie was here said...

You want I should kick the shuttle's arse??? I will, just say the word. I'm on my 4th cup of coffee and it's GO TIME.

6:39 AM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

Forget about all of that. What do the shoes look like? They're not ruined are they?

6:51 AM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

Mel, please kick the shuttle's arse and thanks for getting my lunch today!

Ubermilf, not to worry. The shoes, while excruciatingly painful, still look great. They are light beige/sand-colored close-toed sandals with a snazzy little strap and a nice heel. As a woman, I know it is my duty to wear pretty shoes, regarless of the discomfort they cause. The more the pain, the hotter the shoe!

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home