Friday, October 07, 2005

Rude People Piss Me Off!

So I'm driving into work behind this slow-ass sonofabitch who is driving super slow in the fast lane. And I can't get around him. Normally I'd pass on the left, but this jackass is all the way left...

Anyway, coming up behind me like a bat of hell (No, it's not Meatloaf) is this bastard who gets right on my tail. I HAVE NOWHERE TO GO. I don't know what he wants me to do, but I cannot go any faster. If he's in such an all-fire hurry, then pass on the berm. Crimmeny! So he continues to inch closer, yelling obscenities that I can make out in the rear-view. Meanwhile, the guy in front of me is still coasting along at a solid 49mph. And now the bright headlights are blaring in my rearview, and I STILL can't go anywhere. So now I'm not only pissed off at the guy in front of me, but I'm reallly starting to hate the rude jerk behind me. I feel like I'm in the middle of an asshole sandwich. And frankly, I suppose I should thank the guy behind me for the free proctology exam, since he got so far up my ass!!

So I finally get out of that mess, and get into the parking lot and onto the shuttle with no problems (I know - I couldn't believe it either!) As I'm walking to my desk, I come into contact with about 4 or 5 people - all men. What I want to know is, when did it become okay to not be a gentleman? I guess chivalry is officially dead. I mean these guys about knocked me over, coming right at me. No "excuse me" and no letting the lady pass. Nope, just plowing through herds of people. They're in a hurry, so everyone else get the phuck out of THEIR way.

You know, I'm all for Women's Lib, but I'm also all for common courtesy. If I see someone who is elderly or has their hands full, I will ALWAYS get the door for them or move the hell out of their way. It's just decency, People! I am just getting so fed up with all the rudeness in the world.

I'm sure I sound like a broken records, but I just am so tired of people being discourteous, rude, and not having manners. I promise you my son will be one of the rare men out there who hold open the door for others, who helps someone in need, who says please and thank you, and who isn't an asshole. So for all of you out there with daughters, let me tell you that my son WILL be a gentleman, and if you are interested in an arranged marriage, give me a call.

Okay, so that's my rant for the day. I'm sure there will be more later, since it's not even 8am yet...

17 Comments:

Blogger laura said...

i guess i'm FIRST! in my drive, which is long as well, some son of a bitch pisses me off daily! it's always something!

if you wanna see something rude, and maybe your fellow readers might help me out here...go to www.hatleyman.blogspot.com
YES, i am anonomyous poster & damn, is this guy ever rude. i thought maybe a lo lo & friends visit to his site might be in order. ;)

5:42 AM  
Blogger laura said...

oh, and if i'm having a girl, i'm TOTALLY interested in the arranged marriage...let's talk.

5:44 AM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

RS: I would love it if I didn't have the long commute in the mornings, but I guess if I only worked a block away I'd still find something that pissed me off :)

Checked out that site you gave. Wow. I'll have to go back later when I have more time.

So will you find out before the baby comes what you're having? Let me know if you're having a girl :) And congrats, by the way!!

5:58 AM  
Blogger laura said...

yeah, commutes suck, but we've got to work for a living, unfortunately. oh well, such is life. at least the rage wakes me up in the mornings.

yeah, we're gonna find out...oct. 27! i can't wait...and thanks!

i think you're gonna have a hey day with h-man's blog...the guy is the epitome of "that guy". ick!

6:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate people like that. I was always taught to help people in need. I always say please, thank you and everything else in between. I live in an apartment complex, and every one there for the most part is courtious. We all hold the doors, elevators, smile, and talk to each other. It's a great environment, and that will be the one thing I miss when I buy my next house.

Other than that, I know it wasn't me you were driving by. I never get to work before 8am!

6:53 AM  
Blogger Celina said...

An "asshole sandwich?" Yes, that's the perfect description! Then I tap my brakes and s-l-o-w-l-y pass...If they all get to drive like jerks, SO DO I!
Both my husband & I were raised to be polite and helpful (hold doors, offer a hand, "please," & "thanks," etc) and my kids will be raised like that, too. "Yes, ma'am, people need to learn some manners!"

8:59 AM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

"I'm in the Middle of an Asshole Sandwich", the unauthorized biography of LoLo Lova.

9:57 AM  
Blogger honkeie said...

People are in such a hurry at all times. And the rudness stems from that. People rushing to work, rushing to get work done, rushing to get out then rushing to get home. It must be stressfull to always be in such an hurt to get soo little done.
Lucky for me I rush no where, calm little budda in the middle. I smile because everyone else is too pissed to see the comical side of anything.

10:04 AM  
Blogger laura said...

anything else pissed ya off yet today?
i seem to have gotten involved in a blogwar of sorts, as someone found my comment and put it on that other blog! foiled! LOL!
there are a lot of wankers in this world!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

Celina: Welcome to my blog! It is nice to meet someone else with manners :)

Ubi: Thank you for the title of my book!

Honkeie: It's nice that you can be so calm. Now get out of my way, I'm in a hurry :)

RS: What ass-clown gave you up? That's cowardly! And THAT pisses me off!

1:52 PM  
Blogger laura said...

no idea, ironically, they posted anonomously!

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carefull when u open you keyboard on the anonymous soap box never know who might be reading. Might even be hatleyman, me oppsss hehehehehe

6:11 PM  
Blogger laura said...

not sure that h-man would be interested in reading a blog by a girl that has sense, but i suppose stranger things have happened.

7:17 AM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

Wednesday is LoLo Day.

Happy LoLo Day.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

RS: The Alaskan Skull F#@k was not one of my finer moments. Man, I couldn't even imagine doing that today. I think one of those shots would cause me to projectile vomit. I get the shivers just thinking about it!

Sgt: I stand corrected. Chivalry is not dead. You are a prince among men... yeah right.

Ubi: Mel is out sick today with a case of workitis, so I'm really busy covering both offices. I will try my best to blog later, but I can't make any promises :(

8:18 AM  
Blogger John said...

I have a daughter. Let me know how the kid turns out in 20 years.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

Alright, John. Looks like in about 20 years my son will be the 25th "Bachelor" like on ABC, but instead, I'll be doing it out of my living room with contestants from the greater Cleveland area ;)

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home