Thursday, July 05, 2007

Weight Just a Minute...

So admittedly, I’m not thin. I’ve never pretended to be. But recently, I’ve had some very harsh comments made – to my face – about my weight problem. Insensitive people never cease to amaze me.

For instance, once a woman at work asked me where I get my clothes because she thought I dressed very nicely. I told her I like Kohl’s and before I could finish my sentence, she interjected with “Really? You can find things in your size there?” Ouch!

hen, a few weeks ago we were getting tickets to a work-related function that included a free t-shirt. They were also selling extra tees that you could purchase for your spouses or whatnot. I was standing at the table holding up a 2X for my hubby. A woman comes over, sees me holding up the tee in front of me and says, “You know, we sell 3X too.” WOW!!

A couple days later, I was talking to another coworker who went to get a greasy burger for lunch. She said she was having a bad day and that it was helping her. I said, “As you can see from my figure--” And she interjected with: “You’ve had a lot of bad days?” Zowie!!!

Anyway, my husband suggested that we have t-shirts made with the slogan “Another bad day” – I'll take mine in size 3X please. But I was thinking, maybe this banner, stretched out over my ass, would be less subtle and more to-the-point??!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Ubermilf said...

You could have a t-shirt that says "I'd rather be fat than rude."

1:23 PM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

Um... thanks?

8:21 AM  
Blogger laura said...

eff those people. you're beautiful!

12:24 PM  
Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

I'm on Nutrisystem and I really want some cake.

You're gorgeous!

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so going to kiss you on the mouth like a boy for blogging this!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

Ubie, I have made up a gross of your t-shirts. They only come in 3x, though...

Laura, right back at ya!!

Brooke, right back at ya!!

Anonymous, let's make out!

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a deal. We can wear your shirt like a pair of fundies and then get it on. AFTER our major intake of onions at the taco bar, that is. :-)

9:18 AM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

Anony, how can we make out with no taco bar???

Everyone else, this is not a euphamism!

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am patiently waiting for something new. BTW, you look a little like Marylin Monroe.

10:47 AM  
Blogger honkeie said...

I love people that openly insult others. They are usually the ones with the most problems.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home