Friday, April 08, 2005

Dunkin' Numnuts

So I pull into Dunkin' Numnuts this morning. As I do each morning before work. I'm not sure what the deal is, but every day I order the same cup of coffee, and every day it's a different price. And it doesn't necessarily depend on the person working there. But I have paid anywhere from 89 cents to $1.87 for a cup of coffee. I order the XL decaf with cream ONLY each day. What I get is anywhere from a small black coffee to an XL regular coffee with sugar. Now, I'm not sure of the exact skill level required to work at Dunkin Numnuts, but it appears that you must be at least mildly mentally challenged to work there.

Take, for example, what happened to John (my hubby) a few weeks back. He does not drink coffee, but he is a big donut fan. So usually on Saturday mornings he will go pick us up some donuts and get me a coffee. So, he orders at the giant sign and pulls around to the window. The genius behind the counter sets the coffee on the little shelf exactly between the sliding window panes. She takes his money, leaves the coffee, and goes to get donuts.

At this point, the windows close. HOWEVER, due to the fact that there is a giant coffee cup in the way, they are unable to fully close, and instead bang open and shut... open and shut... open and shut for several minutes while she is away. Of course, coffee is spewing forth everywhere, and the indestructible styrofoam is taking quite a beating.

When the girl comes back (with the wrong donuts, of course), she realizes her error. "Oops" is her response to the goings-on. Instead of throwing away said cup of coffee, she decides to try to "play it off" and hands the cup to my husband. Of course, it begins to crumble in his hand, and the top pops off. Again, coffee comes flowing out of the ruptured volcano that once was a cup, and it pours all over my husbands hands and onto the side of his car.

At this point in time, John has to point out the situation to the doe-eyed worker who, of course, panics, and leaves. Moments later, my husband - now a 3rd degree burn sufferer - is greeted by the Dunkin' Numnuts manager. She removes the cup from his hands and grabs a pile of napkins, proceeding to wipe off the driver's side door.

The manager hands the cup to the worker, and she brings my husband a "fresh" cup of coffee. He takes the cup in haste, along with the bag of donuts, and speeds off. When he arrives home, I go to grab my much-anticipated cup of coffee, and.... guess what? That dumb bitch reused the same cup! There was coffee everywhere.

Now, you may ask why I keep going back to Dunkin' Numnuts. My only explanation is that they put something in that coffee, man! It's addictive. I can't get enough. I loves me some java, Joe!

Plus, I enjoy the delicious irony of looking in my rear-view window as I pull away, and watching the cops drive up for their donut fixes.
Mmmmmm.... Bacon!

Lo Lo OUT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home