Thursday, March 31, 2005

Walmart is for Winners

So I'm at Walmart a while back. My husband says if you want to feel better about yourself, you should hang out there for a while. There are some really sad cases that hang out there. Along those lines, I'm in line and there is a woman in front of me with a huge cart full of stuff. The cashier, a rather odd bird, was picking up each individual item, looking it over, and giving it a cutesy name. For instance, when picking up the package of Fig Newtons, she said, "Oh, Figgie Newtonies" and then scanned the item, making the BEEP noise in tune with the scanner.

Trying with all of my might not to burst out laughing, I had to stare at the floor and try not to convulse too much as I held it all in. I really wanted to get out of line, but there was a huge pile-up behind me, and all the other lanes were either full or closed.

I'm not sure what it is about me, but no matter where I go, I always pick not only the world's longest line, but also the world's weirdest cashier.

It certainly makes on-line shopping a lot more appealing :)

Moral of the story: If you see me in line, abandon your cart and get the hell out of the store! Trust me on this one!

1 Comments:

Blogger Melanie was here said...

B E E P

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home