Thursday, December 08, 2005

I Admit It: I'm A Little Too Into TV



Okay, so my husband thinks I'm "cute" because when I watch TV I get really involved in the program. I feel like these people are a part of my life somehow. For instance, on one of the best shows there currently is on television, "The Office" (NBC Tuesday Nights at 9:30pm), I totally want Jim and Pam to hook up. When I watched the Christmas episode on Tuesday and Jim put so much thought into picking out the perfect gift for Pam (a teapot) and filled it with "inside joke" presents, I was soooo pissed that Michael decided to have a "Yankee Swap" because he was unhappy with the gift he received. Someone stole the gift from Pam and she was forced to take another gift. My heart broke for Jim.

I yelled out, "Damn that Michael! He's such an asshole!! And poor Jim - he put so much thought into his gift." My husband thought this was hilarious. To him, it's just a tv show. But I get very involved in it. I do not know why this is. I'm the same way when I read a book or watch a movie. I just have always involved myself somehow and feel an attachment to characters. Perhaps it's because I'm an only child and I found friends in shows, movies, and books. I don't know. Perhaps it's because growing up I didn't have friends (yes, I was the unathletic, fat, nerdy kid that no one wanted to befriend ). I really cannot pinpoint what it is that draws me to these fake people. Whatever it may be, it's probably the same thing that compels me to never watch a movie where someone I love in a good-guy role is a bad-guy. (For instance, I cannot watch movies where Tommy Lee Jones is a bad guy because I love him too much in films where he plays a cop - The Fugitive, Men In Black, Double Jeopardy, etc).

Whatever the reason, I am admitting to you, my blogger friends, that I am a total dork. I hope that you can see past this and still love the Lova. I know we all have these deep, dark secrets. But at least mine isn't dressing up like a Star Trek character and attending the conventions....

So, what's YOUR secret?

16 Comments:

Blogger Melanie was here said...

I dress up like Star Trek characters and attend the conventions. Thanks for making me feel like a loser.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

You betcha!

7:41 AM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

If "dork" means "having a good imagination," then you ARE a dork. Me too!

My secret: I like to eat cream cheese and black olives on crackers.

7:59 AM  
Blogger UberDILF said...

That's no secret sweetie. As for me, I want those two to remain apart. The tension is what's entertaining. Remember "Moonlighting?" As soon as the sexual tension was gone, the show seemed about half as funny.

And my secret is that I divulge too much in public forums.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

Welcome to my club Uberdork! :) I've heard of the olives & cream cheese on celery, but never on crackers. Interesting. My food secret: reduced fat ruffles and muenster cheese. I don't know why, but I have to eat them together.

Dilfy, I know what you mean, I guess. Don't want it to be like "Moonlighting" or "Who's the Boss" or "Cheers" (with Sam & Rebecca). Maybe you're right. But I liked it when Ross & Rachel and Monica & Chandler got together... :(

9:27 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

I too involve myself in movies, books, and most importantly TV. If it means we are dorks than so be it!

and I loooooooooooove Tommy Lee Jones too, and I hate to see him be a bad guy. I have had an old man crush on him since I was about 10!

9:47 AM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

Molly, he's a good old man crush!

Let's start the Dork Club. We have to come up with a clever name or acronym. Any suggestions? I'm thinking D.I.C.K. or something...

10:14 AM  
Blogger laura said...

i care way too much about the cohen's, the cooper (nichols), and the other people on the OC, but so what! TV is cool and healthy for you1 i don't care what anyone says. LOL.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Flan said...

I want to sleep with Pam on The Office and just about everyone of the females on the OC. And I yell at them when they do dumb girl things. So whatever. You're not alone, Lolo, in this semi-scary club called "I have TV friends."

And I just had to type jcunrxk to publish this - so tell me, who is Jcun and why does he/she rock?

12:57 PM  
Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

How am I a dork? Let me count the ways...

1:53 PM  
Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

I do "Let your Freak Flag Fly" friday, where we all air our freakness...

I too get involved in tv, jump up and down occasionally especially for the good guy... I can't stand embarrassing moments on tv, I cover my face like its a horror movie.

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have a tendency to get sucked into marathons on mtv and vh1 of shows i don't even like...making the band, top model, my super sweet 16, my fair brady...

1:01 PM  
Blogger John said...

the office is so effing fantastic I lose my mind every time it's on. As for my secret, I like to search for dirty words on Yahoo Photo Search. Yeah. Some of the stuff that comes up is almost as fantastic as the Office.

4:44 PM  
Blogger honkeie said...

Well men yell at the coachs on sports TV like they can hear them or they have a clue on how to coach. Its ok LoLo, we are all dorks in some way. I flex in the bathroom mirror(with the door locked) :-X

11:18 AM  
Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

RS: I'm so glad I never watched the OC. When I was younger, I was addicted to 90210 and Melrose Place. I had to quit those shows, cold turkey. It was rough, though!

Flan - let's work on the name of our group. IHTVF just ain't cutting it...

Marianne, I agree. It's very stressful. And yet, I still get sucked in.

Brooke: Start counting!

Kitty - I, too, hate embarrassing tv moments. The worst are when it's live tv or reality tv.

John, I totally agree about "The Office" - it has to be the greatest show on tv. EVER. EVER!!

Honk: I'm pretty sure I've seen you post pix of yourself flexing... :)

2:26 PM  
Blogger Melanie was here said...

I demand a new post, dammit. NOW.

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home